October 19, 2012

"you show the lights that stop me turn to stone..." - Ellie Goulding



what's your greatest fear? .....



geesh... if i were asked that question, i'd be out of words. It's not that i don't fear anything, it's just that sorting my fears and choosing one to label as "greatest" requires much thought and analysis. as u may already have figured out, i am a very analytical person... so i burden myself to think with even the most 'non-analytical' questions.

this particular question was inspired by the latest literary piece (errrrrr.... book) i am reading entitled The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. A specific part of the book caught my attention and i quote

"There will come a time when all of us are dead. All of us. There will come a time when there are no human beings remaining to remember that anyone ever existed or that our species ever did anything. There will be no one left to remember Aristotle or Cleopatra, let alone you. Everything that we did and built and wrote and thought and discovered will be forgotten and all of this will have been for naught. Maybe that time is coming soon and maybe it is millions of years away, but even if we survive the collapse of our sun, we will not survive forever. There was a time before organisms experienced consciousness, and there will be time after. And if the inevitability of human oblivion worries you, I encourage you to ignore it. God knows that's what everyone else does."
                                                               Hazel, in The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


If oblivion is your fear, that's the most perfect counter to that fear. I know many of us have petty fears but maybe in the back of our minds we do fear of completely being forgotten...

it's been more than a week and im still halfway done with the book.. (since i am reading it intentionally SSSLLOOOWWW because i love it sooo much i don't want the story to end right away... hehe)
so right now i guess my greatest fear is reading the last page of the book...
i know, it's pretty lame... but after much thought and analysis, that is pretty much my greatest fear for the moment.

i don't know with you, but i tend not to trouble myself with fears ... i know they're somewhere in my mind, lurking, always ready to show itself thereby keeping me from living life. . . but i try to keep my fears at bay. when a ladder blocks my path, i climb it, i am not afraid of falling down one step, instead i am eager to climb another. :)

so, what's your greatest fear?  

 xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment